Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sad News for Shabby Chic...

It is with a heavy heart that I share that Shabby Chic has filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy. On her blog Rachel wrote, "I thought there would be other solutions. But with great sadness, in the end, it was the best choice of some very not nice choices."

Rachel and her amazing company were a big part of what got me interested in this business years ago so my heart breaks for her.

Thankfully, their wholesale line is still intact and going strong. So, we will continue to carry the Shabby Chic Studio line of furniture at RianRae.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Rachel...

2 comments:

72 and sunny said...

wow, it's too bad she couldn't have just folded quietly without all of the chapter 11 business.

Shabby Chic furniture is incredibly well made. I have a sectional that's 6 years old, we wash the slip covers, over and over again. It doesn't look tired in the least.

Just beautiful things... said...

I agree Megan, I was actually really suprised that she posted all that she did on her blog. I guess at least she was really honest about it all...

Yes, the Shabby Chic furniture is very well made. Also, great for children and pets, which you wouldn't think it would be.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin