Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Search for Fairies...


I blogged a few days ago about the letter my oldest daughter had written and left for the 'fairies'. She requested a photo or something to show her they were real. After much thought and debate, I decided upon keeping the photo somewhat mystical and not showing one of a larger fairy. I really want her imagination to fill in the blanks. The below three photos of fireflies in the woods were the favorites that I came across in my search (I apologize as I do not know the source). Loving the ethereal look they have.


The last photo is the one I choose to give her. I printed it out on high gloss photo paper, attached a 'note' written by the fairies in tiny delicate writing, laid it on her dresser and sprinkled it all with glitter. Can't wait for her to discover her response from the fairies!!


xoxo,
Jen


4 comments:

Allie said...

What a terrific surprise for her! You are a great Mom to make her fairy wish come true :) Can't wait to hear how it all turns out...

Anonymous said...

Awww, she's going to be super excited to find the fairy's response :) Looking forward to hearing about her reaction!
Ali

Just beautiful things... said...

She was soooo excited last night! My sister Jamie helped me with the glitter and thought of opening the window a bit and leading a trail of glitter going out the window. The trail led to a little pine tree we planted last week in the side yard out her window that she got from Junior Achievement. The tree was also sprinkled with glitter... : )

Shaina said...

awesome pics jen! perfect <3 love love love~!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin